There’s no getting away from the fact that we can’t help children and their families without charitable donations. Many amazing people organise a wide range of events every year or join in with some already arranged and choose us as their charity.
JUST £25 FUNDS A CHEMO DUCK for a child with cancer. Popular ways to raise money for Give A Duck include:
- Running, swimming or cycling – from a fun run or 5k to a full-on marathon, people have run a variety of distances on our behalf. Swim-athons and cycling various distances are also popular fundraising activities. We often have places available at a range of races and events in exchange for a minimum donation, find out more by visiting our events page.
- Bake sales – who doesn’t love a cake at work? No advanced training or special equipment is needed for a bake sale, just choose a date, tell your colleagues, recruit some other bakers and make sure you have a tub to put the money in. Don’t forget to send us your pictures by Twitter @giveaduck_uk, Instagram @giveaduck_uk or on Facebook @giveaduckUK
- Regular giving – even £1 a month would soon add up if lots of people made the choice to donate. Simply visit our Donate page to set up regular giving.
- Online shop – visit our online shop to view our selection of Give A Duck merchandise and virtual gifts
- Corporate donations – our amazing supporters Business Works give us £25 every time they sign up a new client. So far their donations have funded ducks for 72 children across the UK. Does your work have a charity of the year and could you nominate us?
- Join us at an event – we’re one of the nominated charities for this year’s Fire and Ice Ball so buy a ticket and join us for the fantastic spectacle. Find out what other events you can come along to here
- Legacy donations – you can choose to leave us any amount in your will. Just £25 funds a duck for a child with cancer, so you will be making a difference whether your donation is big or small
- Gift Aid – if you are making a personal donation to Give A Duck and you are a UK tax payer, we can claim 25p in every £1 in Gift Aid on top of your donation (at no extra cost to you). To add Gift Aid to your donation, download and complete this Gift Aid declaration form and e-mail or post back to us. You only need to do this once!
- Quack-athon – for fundraisers at school, community groups & clubs. Bring £1 and quack for 1 minute at break times and lunch time. Optional dress up – wear something yellow or bird themed!
- Get Your Waddle On / Waddle Walk / Waddle while you work Sponsored walk dressed as ducks, wear yellow, carrying a duck teddy, waddling like a duck. Bring a £1 and waddle at work for the day!
- Duck n Dive Sponsored swim – indoor / outdoor / diving competition / scuba dive
- You’re quackers! Joke-athon / comedy night
- Flock your frock – Fashion show
- Shake a tail feather – Disco – includes songs about ducks & play the track “shake a tail feather” as the opening & finale song
- Bring your duck & read a book! – Toddler story time – duck themed stories & songs, cuppa & a cake
- Hunt the flock – Duck hunt around the playground / hook a duck anywhere!
- Duck race – Find out where your local duck race is held and get your community involved for a duck-tastic day!
Why raise money for us?
Having cancer is a scary thing. And it’s even worse when you’re a child who perhaps isn’t old enough to understand everything that’s happening to you.
Give A Duck works with play leaders, nursing staff and families with children at Principal Treatment Centres and other hospitals in the UK to help make things a little less scary. Gabe’s Chemo Duck Program was developed in the US by specialists to alleviate anxiety and create huggable hope.
Read more about the Give A Duck education programme and the pack children are given here.
If you have another idea about how to raise money, drop us an e-mail email@example.com.
Our Chemo Duck mascot sometimes drops in to fundraising events, so let us know if you’d like him to come along to your event!