Every year 1,200+ children benefit from Give A Duck.
Our ducks help them better understand their treatment, feel less scared about the medical procedures they have to face, and are a comfort to them at one of the most difficult times of their lives.
Thank you for thinking about helping us to help them.
There are many ways you can support us!
1. Challenge £25
Raise £25 to fund a Chemo Duck! We challenge you to raise £25 from your home whilst in isolation or practicing social distancing. Invite your family, friends and work colleagues to get involved!
Watch the video to find out more.
3. ONLINE SHOP
Visit our online shop to view our selection of merchandise, virtual gifts and events.
Here are some other ways you can fundraise too…
- Challenge yourself – sign up to ‘Lace Up for Give A Duck’ virtual challenge event today! Have you started or completed the Couch to 5K during lockdown? Have you been walking or cycling regularly? Why not set yourself a goal and raise funds Give A Duck! Find out more here.
- Visit our Events page to find out where Team Give A Duck will be in 2022/2023.
- Bake sales – who doesn’t love a cake at work? No advanced training or special equipment is needed for a bake sale, just choose a date, tell your colleagues, recruit some other bakers and make sure you have a Give A Duck collection tub to put the money in.
- eBay – when you list an item on eBay, you can select to donate a % of the sale to The Give A Duck Foundation, click here to visit our eBay charity page.
- Community fundraising – schools, community groups & clubs have shown their support. Arrange a non uniform day and ask for a £1 donation – wear something yellow or bird themed!
- Corporate fundraising – our amazing supporters fundraise in many different ways from choosing us as their Charity of the Year or holding a one off event be it a bake sale, dress down day or donating in lieu. Will you join them and raise a flock of ducks?
Make a donation
- Donate online – to make a donation to The Give A Duck Foundation please visit our donation page. You can choose to make a single donation or sign up for regular giving. You can also select a hospital from the list we support when you visit the donation page!
- Donate by cheque/CAF – please make payable to ‘The Give A Duck Foundation’ and post to The Give A Duck Foundation, Unit C2. Telford Way, 41 Industrial Estate, Wakefield WF2 0XW. Please remember to acknowledge if you would like to add Gift Aid to your donation.
- Regular Giving – by making a small donation each month, you could fund a Chemo Duck or a flock over the year! Simply visit our Donate page to set up regular giving. Or alternatively download our Regular Giving form, complete and send back to us.
- Legacy donations – you can choose to leave us any amount in your will. Just £25 funds a duck for a child with cancer, so you will be making a difference whether your donation is big or small.
- Gift Aid – if you are making a personal donation to The Give A Duck Foundation and you are a UK tax payer, we can claim 25p in every £1 in Gift Aid on top of your donation (at no extra cost to you). To add Gift Aid to your donation, download and complete this Gift Aid form and e-mail or post back to us.
Social media is a great way to raise awareness quickly, easily and at no cost! Follow our social media accounts to keep up with the latest news and if you would like to help spread the word of Give A Duck we invite you to…
- ‘Like’ our Facebook page
- Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and LinkedIn
- Tag us in your fundraising activities too when you post online – we love to see what you’ve been up to!
Let’s get started!
We love to hear from our supporters, so please get in touch and let us know your plans! e: email@example.com
We also have a selection of fundraising materials available to use for your fundraiser including: collection tubs and buckets, donation lapel stickers, sponsor forms, event posters, balloons, bunting, leaflets and posters!
Shop online & make a difference
- Amazon Smile – You can make a difference while you shop at Amazon Smile. Simply shop* at https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/1164904-0 and Amazon donates to The Give A Duck Foundation. (*Ensure your chosen charity is ‘The Give A Duck Foundation’). Watch the video below to see how to activate AmazonSmile in your Amazon App on your mobile phone.
- Humble Bundle – Humble Bundle is a distribution platform selling games, ebooks, software, and other digital content! Since Humble’s founding in 2010, their mission has been to support charity (“Humble”) while providing awesome content to customers at great prices (“Bundle”) Visit Humble Bundle to select Give A Duck as your chosen charity.
- Give As You Live – Shop at over 4,000 top stores including Amazon, Expedia and John Lewis via Give as you Live, they’ll turn a percentage of your spend into free funds for Give A Duck! Simply sign up, search for the retailer and start shopping. It’s that simple.
A cycling birthday fundraiser!
A corporate who donates in flocks!
Friends, family and the community support her mission!
Hands up who wants to help?
Volunteers are the lifeblood of the charity and donating time is precious. We have a number of roles and are constantly looking for new ones. All we ask for is commitment.
In return we will give you a satisfying experience, a chance to learn new skills and an opportunity to do some thing completely different. In return we will support you to ensure that you are getting the most out of volunteering.
Collection can co-ordinator
Collecting cans are a great source of income and a well co-ordinated campaign is hugely beneficial to us. Our co-ordinators help by:
- Finding new sites.
- Delivering tins.
- Collecting them regularly.
- Counting the money with a witness.
- Banking the money.
Social media volunteer
Help us build up our social media following:
- Publicise fundraising events and campaigns
- Represent us in your company.
- Publicise the charity and ways your colleagues can get involved.
- Talk to colleagues about our work and the difference we make to children with cancer.
Community Ambassadors / Representatives
- Give talks in schools, to groups like Rotarians, Lionesses, Round Tables.
- Collect cheques and thank people.
- Look out for opportunities in your community. E.g. is a local event looking for a charity to support?
- Pass on media posts about fundraising in your local area
Sew and sew
- Make outfits for our Chemo Ducks and Huggable Hopes. The children love dressing their friends in different outfits. Join Blue Light Babies group on Facebook to gain access to the duck patterns and be part something special.
If you have another idea about how you could help us by volunteering your time or skills we’re always willing to listen, so please do get in touch
Why be a charity volunteer?
You will be helping children with cancer and their families.
You will learn new skills.
Volunteering on your CV may be the difference between you and another candidate.
We want you to feel part of The Give A Duck family.
You could experience the many ways money is raised.
Researchers have discovered that being helpful makes us happier, measured by hormones and brain activity. The more you give, the happier you feel. And the sense of accomplishment that accompanies volunteering can boost confidence and create a sense of pride. Who doesn’t want that?
As a small charity we rely heavily on the goodwill of amazing people willing to give up their time to help us pull off our fundraising efforts.
Duck outfits created by volunteers are sent to the hospitals we support so that the children can choose a new outfit for their duck every month!
Feedback from children has been that they look forward to receiving a new outfit for their duck – who wouldn’t?
If you would like to give this a try at home or get friends involved we have posted some templates (courtesy of Rivers Meet) for costumes below. These can be adapted to make endless costumes for your own duck! Alternatively, you can request to join Blue Light Babies Facebook group where you will gain access to a range of duck outfit patterns for knitting and sewing!
In May 2020, we connected with Blue Light Babies a group of over 5,700 creatives from across the UK (& the world!) who communicate daily via their Facebook group “Blue Light Babies”. This group supports some amazing UK projects including creating duck outfits for The Give A Duck Foundation!
It is only with thanks to these talented volunteers that we are able to provide duck outfits to the UK hospitals! Find out more about Blue Light Babies here and if you’re inspired and want to support this amazing project, please do join their Facebook group and get involved today. Pictured below is just a taster of the amazing outfits created by Blue Light Babies:
MEET CHEMO DUCK!
Our Chemo Duck mascot sometimes drops in to fundraising events, so let us know if you’d like him to come along to your event!
If you have another idea about how to raise money, drop us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org