Many amazing people organise a wide range of events every year or join in with some already arranged and choose us as their charity.
There are many ways you can support us!
COVID-19 APPEAL: At such an uncertain time for everyone, Give A Duck is directly experiencing the impact of COVID-19. Large events are postponed or cancelled and new fundraising opportunities with corporates and community groups are put on hold for the foreseeable future. Every week, around 30 children are diagnosed with cancer in the UK and in order for Give A Duck to support more families, we need your help more than ever before.
- Challenge £25 – raise £25 to fund a Chemo Duck! We challenge you to raise £25 from your home whilst in isolation or practicing social distancing. Invite your family, friends and work colleagues to get involved! Watch the video to find out more…
- Challenge yourself – from a fun run or 5k to a full-on marathon, people have run a variety of distances raising funds via sponsorship for Give A Duck. We often have places available at a range of races and events, find out more by visiting our events page.
- Bake sales – who doesn’t love a cake at work? No advanced training or special equipment is needed for a bake sale, just choose a date, tell your colleagues, recruit some other bakers and make sure you have a Give A Duck collection tub to put the money in.
- Community fundraising – schools, community groups & clubs have shown their support. Arrange a non uniform day and ask for a £1 donation – wear something yellow or bird themed!
- Corporate fundraising – our amazing supporters fundraise in many different ways from choosing us as their Charity of the Year or holding a one off event be it a bake sale, dress down day or donating in lieu. Will you join them and raise a flock of ducks?
Make a donation
- Donate online – to make a donation to The Give A Duck Foundation please visit our donation page. You can choose to make a single donation or sign up for regular giving. You can also select a hospital from the list we support when you visit the donation page!
- Donate by cheque/CAF – please make payable to ‘The Give A Duck Foundation’ and post to The Give A Duck Foundation, Unit C2. Telford Way, 41 Industrial Estate, Wakefield WF2 0XW. Please remember to acknowledge if you would like to add Gift Aid to your donation.
- Gift Aid – if you are making a personal donation to The Give A Duck Foundation and you are a UK tax payer, we can claim 25p in every £1 in Gift Aid on top of your donation (at no extra cost to you). To add Gift Aid to your donation, download and complete this Gift Aid form and e-mail or post back to us.
- Regular Giving – by making a small donation each month, you could fund a Chemo Duck or a flock over the year! Simply visit our Donate page to set up regular giving. Or alternatively download our Regular Giving form, complete and send back to us.
- Legacy donations – you can choose to leave us any amount in your will. Just £25 funds a duck for a child with cancer, so you will be making a difference whether your donation is big or small.
- Online shop – visit our online shop to view our selection of Give A Duck virtual gifts and merchandise.
Social media is a great way to raise awareness quickly, easily and at no cost! Follow our social media accounts to keep up with the latest news and if you would like to help spread the word of Give A Duck we invite you to…
- ‘Like’ our Facebook page
- Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Tag us in your fundraising activities too when you post online – we love to see what you’ve been up to!
Let’s get started!
We love to hear from our supporters, so please get in touch and let us know your plans! e: firstname.lastname@example.org
We also have a selection of fundraising materials available to use for your fundraiser including: collection tubs and buckets, donation lapel stickers, sponsor forms, event posters, balloons, bunting, leaflets and posters!
Shop online & make a difference
- Amazon Smile – You can make a difference while you shop at Amazon Smile. Simply shop* at https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/1164904-0 and Amazon donates to The Give A Duck Foundation. (*Ensure your chosen charity is ‘The Give A Duck Foundation’).
- Humble Bundle – Humble Bundle is a distribution platform selling games, ebooks, software, and other digital content! Since Humble’s founding in 2010, their mission has been to support charity (“Humble”) while providing awesome content to customers at great prices (“Bundle”) Visit Humble Bundle to select Give A Duck as your chosen charity.
- eBay – when you list an item on eBay, you can select to donate a % of the sale to The Give A Duck Foundation
- Give As You Live – Shop at over 4,000 top stores including Amazon, Expedia and John Lewis via Give as you Live, they’ll turn a percentage of your spend into free funds for Give A Duck! Simply sign up, search for the retailer and start shopping. It’s that simple.
A cycling birthday fundraiser!
A corporate who donates in flocks!
Friends, family and the community support her mission!
MEET CHEMO DUCK!
Our Chemo Duck mascot sometimes drops in to fundraising events, so let us know if you’d like him to come along to your event!
If you have another idea about how to raise money, drop us an e-mail email@example.com
Hands up who wants to help?
Volunteers are the lifeblood of the charity and donating time is precious. We have a number of roles and are constantly looking for new ones. All we ask for is commitment.
In return we will give you a satisfying experience, a chance to learn new skills and an opportunity to do some thing completely different. In return we will support you to ensure that you are getting the most out of volunteering.
Our charity volunteer roles:
Collection can co-ordinator
Collecting cans are a great source of income and a well co-ordinated campaign is hugely beneficial to us. Our co-ordinators help by:
- Finding new sites.
- Delivering tins.
- Collecting them regularly.
- Counting the money with a witness.
- Banking the money.
Social media volunteer
Help us build up our social media following:
- Publicise fundraising events and campaigns
- Represent us in your company.
- Publicise the charity and ways your colleagues can get involved.
- Talk to colleagues about our work and the difference we make to children with cancer.
Community Ambassadors / Representatives
- Give talks in schools, to groups like Rotarians, Lionesses, Round Tables.
- Collect cheques and thank people.
- Look out for opportunities in your community. E.g. is a local event looking for a charity to support?
- Pass on media posts about fundraising in your local area
Sew and sew
- Make outfits for our Chemo Ducks and Huggable Hopes. The children love dressing their friends in different outfits. We can provide patterns!
If you have another idea about how you could help us by volunteering your time or skills we’re always willing to listen, so please do get in touch
Why be a charity volunteer?
- You will be helping children with cancer and their families.
- You will learn new skills.
- Volunteering on your CV may be the difference between you and another candidate.
- We want you to feel part of The Give A Duck family.
- You could experience the many ways money is raised.
Researchers have discovered that being helpful makes us happier, measured by hormones and brain activity. The more you give, the happier you feel. And the sense of accomplishment that accompanies volunteering can boost confidence and create a sense of pride. Who doesn’t want that?
CONTACT US TO DISCUSS YOUR VOLUNTEERING COMMITMENT
As a small charity we rely heavily on the goodwill of amazing people willing to give up their time to help us pull off our fundraising efforts.
To register your interest as a volunteer please complete the form below.
Every year 1,200 children benefit from Give A Duck. Our ducks help them better understand their treatment, feel less scared about the medical procedures they have to face, and are a comfort to them at one of the most difficult times of their lives. Thank you for thinking about helping us to help them.
Our friends at craft café Rivers Meet, based just on the outskirts of Leeds, have been working hard to help make costumes for the Chemo Ducks which are being distributed at Leeds Childrens Hospital.
Feedback from children has been that they look forward to receiving a new outfit for their duck – who wouldn’t?
If you would like to give this a try at home or get friends involved we have posted some templates (courtesy of Rivers Meet) for costumes below. These can be adapted to make endless costumes for either your own duck or for Chemo Ducks at your local hospital.