The Give A Duck Foundation are committed to keeping your data and security safe. This policy explains how and why we use your personal data.
- Why we use your personal information:
- You have given consent and signed up to our e-newsletter
- You have made a donation or fundraised for the charity
- We have a legal obligation to use your information for example when claiming Gift Aid
- We reserve the right to apply our legitimate interest where we believe it is appropriate. We promise we will respect your rights and never do this is an intrusive way.
Examples of ways we would use our legitimate interest:
- To fundraise now and going forward to fund what we do
- To manage our relationship with you
- To provide you with one of our services e.g. a Chemo Duck or other services and events.
- To ensure we meet our regulatory requirements as a charity
- To pursue the charity’s organisational aims and objectives
- What personal information we collect
Personal information we collect is information used to identify you. It could include (but is not limited to):
- Your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, credit/debit card details, your reason for contacting The Give A Duck Foundation and your contact preferences.
- Other information you have given to us which is relevant and necessary for us to collect and process, for example events you have taken part in.
- When you purchase item/s from our online shop, make a donation, register for an event.
- We may also combine your personal information with other information we collect from third parties (e.g. for fundraising purposes from an online giving page).
- If you are a recipient of our services, we will hold information on your diagnosis and treatment.
- We may collect your information if received from another source i.e. a friend, family member or other fundraiser. We may also combine your personal information with other information we collect from third parties (e.g. for fundraising purposes from an online giving page).
If you share any sensitive information with us, we will treat it with the strictest of confidence and will share it with any third party without your consent or unless we have statutory obligation to do so.
- How we use your personal information
- To respond and fulfil any requests, queries or complaints we have received from you.
- To provide you with a Chemo Duck pack or for you to participate in any other service or event
- To confirm that your donation has been processed correctly, to validate your Gift Aid claim and to maintain records of your past and future donations
- To provide you with information on any services, events, fundraising and volunteering opportunities to sign up to
- To manage our volunteers
- For internal purposes such as management and organisational reporting, research and ways to improve efficiencies
- To raise funds and pursue the aims and objectives of The Give A Duck Foundation
- To prevent fraud and money laundering.
Who do we share your information with?
- We will not sell your details to any third parties. We may sometimes share your information with our trusted service providers who are authorised to ace on our behalf, this includes organisations who fundraise on our behalf. It also includes our e-newsletter provider, Delivra. For more information see Delivra’s privacy notice.
- We will send your information to HMRC as part of the declaration process to submit a Gift Aid claim on your donation.
The Give A Duck website may include links to other sites, not owned or managed by us. We cannot be held responsible for the privacy of information collected by websites not managed by us.
How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your personal information for the time required for the charity’s purposes or legal requirements. The time frame we keep your personal information will depend on the purpose of which your personal information was collected.
Keeping your personal information up to data
We endeavour to keep your records accurate, however if you notice an error or you need to inform us about a change of address, please do let us know by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us on 03000 11 22 22.
Access and control over your personal information
- If you have given us permission to process and store information about you, you have the right to change, restrict or withdraw. To update your preferences, please contact us via e-mail email@example.com or by calling us on 03000 11 22 22. You will offered the right to ‘opt out’ on every type of communication we send to you.
- To request a copy of the information we have stored about you, please contact us via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us on 03000 11 22 22. We do not charge to process and provide your information to you.
If you have any comments or queries concerning the website or our services please email us at: email@example.com or call 03000 11 22 22. You can also write to us: Give A Duck, Unit C2. Telford Way, Wakefield 41 Industrial Estate, Wakefield, WF2 0XW.